Major track works will negatively affect rail traffic in April
Starting the week beginning March 13, major track works will begin around Sweden. Planning from the Swedish Transport Administration is not yet complete, which in turn means that we are unable to establish our running plan for your freight transportation. We currently do not know how significant the impact will be, however we anticipate that the planning delays will affect most of our transport network.
The reason for the incomplete traffic plan
We cannot plan and confirm lead times for our customers for two main reasons. The first is the continued impact of the Swedish Transport Administration’s implementation of market-adapted capacity planning (MPK), which is delaying confirmation of timetables to operators.
The other reason is the track works the Swedish Transport Administration has planned around the country. The effect will reach beyond the lines being worked on – the delay in planning will affect the entire network. That is why we cannot currently provide a complete prognosis regarding the effects or the extent of changes to lead times. The impact on traffic will be the greatest in April and May, but disruptions can occur throughout all of T23.
Customers can book rail transports as usual, but the lead times displayed in the customer portal are preliminary and subject to change. This means that confirmed bookings can be rescheduled with short notice. These will be coded as “rescheduled due to late timetable,” which we will attribute to force majeure.
We will continue to work hard together with the Swedish Transport Administration to minimize any delays that could impact you as a customer.
Below you see current information about changes and canceled trains. Customers with freight transportation according to specific timetables are transported according to these. For more information about your transport, please contact your customer service representative.
- No traffic to/from Kristinehamn, Storfors, Hällefors, Filipstad, Björneborg, and Karlskoga Friday 230331 and Monday 230403.
- No traffic to/from Degerfors Friday 230331 and Monday 230403.
- No traffic to/from Alnabru Friday 230331 and Monday 230403.
- Traffic from south of Sweden to Stockholm gets a 24-hour longer lead time in the period 230405 – 230406.
- Intermodal direct line Trelleborg - Gamlarp - Årsta canceled 230407 and 230410.
- Arrival and departure to/from Kalmar Wednesday 230405 instead of Thursday 230406.
- Arrival and departure to/from Kalmar Tuesday 230411 instead of Monday 230410.
- Traffic from Tunadal to Lilla Edet, Billingsfors and Munkedal may have a 24-hour longer
- lead time in the period 230403 – 230406.
- Limited capacity Malmö-Denmark, Malmö-Maschen, affects traffic to Denmark and further to the continent in the period of 230320 – 230505.
- Tomteboda and Västberga closed for wagon loads in the period 230404 – 230406.
- No traffic to/from Halmstad and Varberg in the period of 230406 – 230410.
Traffic takes place on all non-holiday weekdays with the exception of the adjustment below.
- Stenungsund is serviced Friday 230407.
- Perstorp is operated on monday 230410.
- No traffic to Fagersta Saturday 230408.
- Hässleholm is operated on Thursday 230406.
- Last service day before Easter to/from Norway is 230406 and first service day after Easter is 230411.
- Ystad is operated on Tuesday 230411.
Track and switch exchange Örebro-Frövi period 230312–230515.
- Canceled trains and reduced capacity throughout the network.
- Will mean longer lead times.
- Will mean changed departure times and arrival times.
Track work Gothenburg Harbor Line, the period 230428 to 230501 and 230518 to 230521.
- Reduced capacity in general throughout Gothenburg.
- No traffic to/from Pölsebo, Gothenburg Älvsborgshamnen, Gothenburg Eurobridge, Gothenburg Bilhamnen, Centralharpan, Gothenburg Volvo, Gothenburg Kville, Gothenburg Skandiahamnen.