Major track works will negatively affect rail traffic in June
Starting the week beginning March 13, major track works will begin around Sweden. Planning from the Swedish Transport Administration is not yet complete, which in turn means that we are unable to establish our running plan for your freight transportation. We currently do not know how significant the impact will be, however we anticipate that the planning delays will affect most of our transport network.
The reason for the incomplete traffic plan
We cannot plan and confirm lead times for our customers for two main reasons. The first is the continued impact of the Swedish Transport Administration’s implementation of market-adapted capacity planning (MPK), which is delaying confirmation of timetables to operators.
The other reason is the track works the Swedish Transport Administration has planned around the country. The effect will reach beyond the lines being worked on – the delay in planning will affect the entire network. That is why we cannot currently provide a complete prognosis regarding the effects or the extent of changes to lead times. The impact on traffic will be the greatest in April and May, but disruptions can occur throughout all of T23.
Customers can book rail transports as usual, but the lead times displayed in the customer portal are preliminary and subject to change. This means that confirmed bookings can be rescheduled with short notice. These will be coded as “rescheduled due to late timetable,” which we will attribute to force majeure.
We will continue to work hard together with the Swedish Transport Administration to minimize any delays that could impact you as a customer.
Below you see current information about changes and canceled trains. Customers with freight transportation according to specific timetables are transported according to these. For more information about your transport, please contact your customer service representative.
- No traffic to/from Sandviken 230619–230620.
- 4 hours later arrival Piteå 230629–230630.
- No traffic to/from Båramo in the period 230530–230618.
- No traffic to/from Oskarshamn and Hultsfred in the period 230605–230618.
- No traffic to/from Gamlarp 230606–230618.
- No traffic to/from Kalmar and Mönsterås in the period 230609–230618.
- No traffic to/from Alvesta and Vislanda in the period 230609–230618.
- Intermodal direct line Trelleborg-Gamlarp-Årsta canceled 230610–230618.
- Traffic from Arlöv and Örtofta towards Årsta and Jordbro will have a 24-hour longer lead time in the period 230610–230618.
- No traffic to/from Skärblacka period 230614–230618.
- No traffic to/from Finspång period 230614–230617.
- No traffic to/from Järna 230626–230730.
Track work Malmö, catenary replacement period 230605–230924
- Reduced capacity at Malmö railway station.
- The following tariff points will be produced to/from: Halmstad
Karlshamn, Mörrum mill, Sölvesborg.
- The following toll points will be produced to/from: Borlänge
- The following toll points will be produced to/from: Sävenäs
Track work Gothenburg Harbor Line, period 230615–230618
- Reduced capacity in general throughout Gothenburg.
- No traffic to/from Pölsebo, Gothenburg Älvsborgshamnen, Gothenburg Eurobridge, Gothenburg Bilhamnen, Centralharpan, Gothenburg Volvo, Gothenburg Kville, Gothenburg Skandiahamnen.
National Day and Midsummer
Traffic takes place according to the regular schedule on all non-holiday weekdays.